GMP Drivercare Ltd is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment. We fully commit to the Recycle for Staffordshire campaign and ensure that we are reducing, recycling and reusing everything we can. We also encourage staff, suppliers and clients to do the same.
GMP Drivercare Ltd commit to:
- Continually improve our environmental performance.
- Prevent pollution and effectively manage our significant environmental impacts.
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation as a minimum level of performance.
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its clients and suppliers.
- Educate and train our employees in environmental issues and the environmental effects of their activities.
- Monitor progress and review environmental performance against targets and objectives on a regular basis.
- Communicate our environmental aims and objectives to all staff, as well as to clients.
- Using the principles of reduce, reuse and recycle whenever possible.
REDUCE, REUSE AND RECYCLE
We are committed to the principles of the 3 R’s:
We aim to reduce our waste by:
- Reusing materials wherever possible
- Buying only what we need
- Using local suppliers to reduce our carbon footprint and support the local economy
- Efficient use of water and energy
- Use of biodegradable chemicals
- Minimising petrol usage by carefully planning rotas and visits
- Buying products with little packaging
- Reusing office furniture when possible
- Buying non-toxic products whenever possible
- Ensuring that the last person leaving a building checks all lights and power are off
- Installing water displacement devices in toilets
We aim to reuse our waste by:
- Reusing packaging and other materials such as:
- Paper and Envelopes
- Cardboard, Newspaper and Bubble Wrap
- Jars and Pots
- Plastic and Paper Bags
- Using rechargeable batteries
We recycle our waste by:
- Using recycling bins to separate recyclable materials
- Recycling paper, printer cartridges, bottles etc
- Buying products that can be recycled
- Buying products that have been made from recycled material
We share our commitment by:
- Raising awareness, encouraging participation and training employees in environmental matters
- Encouraging suppliers and clients to uphold similar environmental standards
- Communicating environmental aims and objectives to employees, clients and external partners.